Baking & Food Guidelines
BAKING & FOOD GUIDELINES
Parent Participation (PP) is a key factor to our successes.
Parent Participation can be accrued by baking and preparing food for specific OLPH School events.
Baking & food preparation for certain events – Harvest Fair, Welcome Back BBQ, Dinner Gala, Friday Coffee Morning, and Grade Events, can be counted towards the required 40 PP hours per school family per school year.
Procedure and Guidelines
Items must be homemade – no credit will be given for purchased merchandise.
10-hour maximum can be earned per family
List of items and PP time earned as follows:
- One cake = 1 PP hour
- Two dozen cookies = 1 PP hour
- Preserves, antipasto, chutney, jellies (i.e. Jalapeno, wine, red pepper), specialty chocolate sauces – one dozen = 2 PP hours
- Shortbread – two dozen = 1 PP hour
- Regular Tarts – one dozen = 1 PP hour
- Mini Tarts – two dozen = 1 PP hour
- Gingerbread Houses – one cake = 1 PP hour
- Fruit cake – one cake for 2 PP hours
- Biscotti – one dozen = 1 PP hour
- Pies – one pie = 1 PP hour; two pies = 1 1/2 PP hours
- Christmas cookies – two dozen = 1 PP hour
- Rum Balls – two dozen = 1 PP hour
- Christmas Loaves – one loaf = 2 PP hours
- Large fruit/veggie platter (limit 3/family/event) = 1 1/2 PP hours